PQT - The testsuite does not detect the end of tests

Hi,
I’m currently working on the MicroEJ on a new VEE Port using IAR compiler.
I retrieved validation testsuite runners with the VEEPortQualificationTools repository:

When I try to run the FS testsuite to validate the implementation, the testsuite engine does not go to the next by itself as soon as it’s finishied. The test timeout occurs with a Failed message even if the test succeed

[testsuite:javaTestsuite] [traceAnalyzer:socketTraceAnalyzer] 
 [testsuite:javaTestsuite] [traceAnalyzer:socketTraceAnalyzer] com.microej.fs.tests.TestFilePermission PASSED
 [testsuite:javaTestsuite] [traceAnalyzer:socketTraceAnalyzer] VM END (exit code = 0)
 [testsuite:javaTestsuite]      [exec] INFO: Stream automatically closed on success after 5s.
 [testsuite:javaTestsuite] [traceAnalyzer:socketTraceAnalyzer] INFO: End of trace analyzer, state is Success

Consequently, all testsuites fail even if the result on the UART output is good and take ages to be completed due to the systematic timeout.

Do you know what can be the reason that prevent the testsuite engine to detect the end of tests?

1 Like

Hi Sarah,

It is possible that a program is not terminated and prevent the testsuite engine to resume the next tests.

Can you please tell me which tool is used to flash your board and what command is called in the VEE Port script run.bat?

Best regards,
Erwan

1 Like

Hi Erwan,

The flash of the board is done with a J-Link probe using SWD interface.
UART traces are retrieves through
Inside the script run.bat, the command cspybat is the command that performs the flash of the board.

I noticed that the cspybat program continues to run even after the flash is completed. If I shut down the cspybat program, the testsuite engine goes through the next test!

How can I force this command to stop itself?

1 Like

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok so the problem is cspybat that does not stop itself. To do that, please add the argument --download_only at the beginning of the cspybat command in the file run.bat.
Please rerun the testsuite and let me know if this action solves your issue.

Best regards,
Erwan

1 Like

Hi Erwan,

With the --download_only argument, cspybat is stopped after the board flash and all tests are launched and terminated correctly.

Thanks for your help,
Sarah

2 Likes