Link source folder doesn't work with addon processor builder

Hello,

I have currently a MicroEJ Java project with some unit tests. I want to add a “link source” folder to the Java build path using a path with the PROJECT_LOC variable. This source folder will be used across different projects, so that’s why I need to add it as a link. My project compiles and I am able to build it with a MicroEJ Run Configuration. The problem is that the Addon Processor Builder throws an error when compiling and doesn’t generate the files needed for the unit tests. Here is the error message:

bug URI

If I use a fixed path for the link source folder, I don’t have the error above (but it won’t works on my co-workers computers). Here is the custom path variable I created and how I use it for the link source folder:

The problem is in MicroEJ SDK dist 21.03 and 21.11. If needed, I can provide via e-mail or private message a sample project to reproduce the bug.

Have a good day,
Yoann Jézégou, developer at Otodo

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. We can reproduce the issue, we will have a look at it.

However, using the Link Source feature cannot work in command line since it is an Eclipse feature. I guess it can be a problem, at least in your Continuous Integration environment.
Can you describe why you need to link sources this way please ? Can’t you make your module depends on the common module (Ivy dependency) ?

Regards

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. My common “module” needs to access to some classes in the specific projects, so it cannot compile alone and cannot be a Ivy module.

I checked my CI script and indeed there are errors at the compile time, because it doesn’t found the link source folder. I have set up a workaround for this: the CI script copies the common source folder into the sources of the project being tested before launching the compilation and tests. I’ve tested it and it works fine.

Have a good day,
Yoann Jézégou, developer at Otodo