Is the Widget module 2.0.0 compliant with UI-pack 13.1.0 ? (knowing that it's compliant with 13.0.6)

Hello MicroEJ developers,

Is the frontpanel Widget module 2.0.0 compliant with UI-pack 13.1.0 ? Knowing that it’s compliant with the UI-pack version 13.0.6.
Here is the dependency used:
<dependency org="ej.tool.frontpanel" name="widget" rev="2.0.0"/>

By default, I would answer yes because we do not change of major version between the two UI-pack versions. However, I get the following exception when I update my platform dependency to the UI-pack 13.1.0 :
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Incompatible front panel project library version: 2.1.0. Supported version range [3.0.0, 3.1.0]

I could solve this problem by updating the frontpanel Widget module to the version 2.1.0 :
<dependency org="ej.tool.frontpanel" name="widget" rev="2.1.0"/>

Is it the expected behavior?

Hello @s.connor ,

In fact the frontpanel Widget version 2.0.0 retrieves the UI-pack version 13.0.6 so it is normal that the Widget version 2.1.0 works because this one retrieves the UI-pack version 13.1.0.

Yes the frontpanel Widget module 2.0.0 is compliant with the UI-Pack 13.1.0. If you want to use this version of the Widget module, you have to follow the UI-pack Migration guide available here:
https://docs.microej.com/en/latest/PlatformDeveloperGuide/uiMigrationGuide.html#from-13-0-x-to-13-1-x

Let me know if it solves your issue.

Best regards,
Erwan

Hello @erwan.moreac ,

I followed the Migration Guide linked in your last message, so I added this dependency to the frontpanel module.ivy:

<dependency org="com.microej.pack.ui" name="ui-pack" rev="13.1.0">
       <artifact name="frontpanel" type="jar"/>
</dependency>

Thanks to this explicit UI-Pack dependency in the frontpanel, I can use now frontpanel Widget 2.0.0 with the UI-Pack version 13.1.0 on my platform. Thus my issue is solved.

Thanks for you help,
S. Connor