Is FS module compatible with ESP32?

Hello,

I am trying to use the File System module to access non-volatile memory on my hardware, but it seems that I don’t have its C implementation. I am working on the ESP32 platform, here is my architecture:
Platform architecture

And here are the modules in my platform configuration:
modules

I can build my platform and my Java app using the FS dependency set in Ivy. When I build the C code, it fails at the link with Java. I get a lot of error like that:
undefined reference to `Java_com_is2t_java_io_GenericFileSystem_lengthNative’

I have searched in the bsp project for these functions and I have only found their declarations in header files. So my question is: Does the C implementation of the FS module exists for the ESP32 platform? If yes, where can I find it?

Best regards,
Yoann Jézégou, developer at Otodo

Hi Yoann,

Which version of the platform are you using?

When using the packaging on the Getting Started page [1] using the full packaging version 1.5.1 (architecture and platform), I find the FS implementation here:

ESP32WROVER-HDAHT-fullPackaging-eval-1.5.1\platformSource\ESP32WROVER-HDAHT-platformSource\ESP32WROVER-HDAHT-1.5.1-bsp\Projects\microej\fs\src

I did not test the full link yet.
I’ll come back with more information.

Gaëtan for MicroEJ

Also could you please give us the full trace from the console for the link error?

Hello,

The FS implementation you gave me was what I was looking for. After some changes because I use ESP-IDF 4.1, it compiles fine. This subject can be closed, thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Yoann Jézégou, developer at Otodo