Firmware Linker Usage

In the Run Configurations -> MicroEJ Tool using the Firmware Linker for Execution, is there a way to link a Feature File to an Executable File by running a script outside the SDK or Studio? Also, is there a way to make Feature Files that are linked and installed, start up automatically when launching the Output Firmware file created? Lastly, if this can be answered, how are Feature Files “linked” into the Executable File?

Hi Austin,

There is indeed a way to include apps directly into your firmware (they are then called system apps).

For that you’ll need to build your MicroEJ apps into .wpk by using the build of an app. Right-click on the root project of the app and choose Build Module (note that your easyant settings, the tool we are using here, should be properly configured), after the build you will find your .wpk in the ~target/artifacts at the root of the folder.

Then you’ll have to use a MicroEJ Tool known as the Wadapps Firmware Customizer (available in Run > Run Configurations... > MicroEJ Tool > Choose your Platform > Select Wadapps Firmware Customizer in Settings), you can configure this in the Configuration tab by selecting your previously built apps.

For startup we commonly use a tool that we call a bootlist what type of firmware are we talking about here?

Regards,
Gaëtan

Hi Gaëtan,

Thank you for your response, but how do you go about configuring easyant in order to generate a .wpk artifact?

Thanks,
Austin

Hi,

I mean by configuring that it should have the same configuration as the dependency resolution that allows you to get the dependencies at compile time inside the MicroEJ SDK.
Most of the time it means configuring easyant to get the same parameters as Ivy by checking Window > Preferences > Easyant4Eclipse > Use IvyDE preferences for Ivy settings path.

Regards,
Gaëtan

Ok,
I got it to build but now I’m receiving this error when trying to deploy the WPK:

Cannot find C:\ … \scripts\wpk\wpkLoader.xml imported from C:\ … \scripts\localDeploymentWPKSocket.microejTool

Austin

Hi,

Which firmware are you using ?

Regards,