ESP32 WROVER build module failed

Hi,

I’m trying to use the ESP32 WROVER platform from github: GitHub - MicroEJ/Platform-Espressif-ESP-WROVER-KIT-V4.1: MicroEJ Platform for Espressif ESP-WROVER-KIT V4.1

But the build module doesn’t work, I’m using an SDK distribution 21.11 and the MicroEJ SDK is up to date (5.5.2).

Here is the log of the build module:

[easyant-configure-easyant] :: Apache Ivy 2.5.8-local-20201027214236 - 20201027214236 :: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ ::
[easyant-configure-easyant] :: loading settings :: file = C:\Program Files\MicroEJ\MicroEJ-SDK-21.11\rcp\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\489\data\repositories\microej-build-repository\ivysettings.xml
Loading System Plugins...
[easyant-load-module] Loading override build file : C:\Users\alixb\git\Platform-Espressif-ESP-WROVER-KIT-V4.1\ESP32-WROVER-Xtensa-FreeRTOS-configuration\module.ant
[easyant-load-module] Loading build module : C:\Users\alixb\git\Platform-Espressif-ESP-WROVER-KIT-V4.1\ESP32-WROVER-Xtensa-FreeRTOS-configuration\module.ivy

BUILD FAILED
Found an error when building Platform

* Problem Report:

Error : problem while parsing Ivy module file: 
Cause : Can't parse module descriptor

* Recommendation...

Run easyant with -verbose or -debug option to get more details.

Total time: 0 seconds

Regards,

Benjamin

Hi,

this error is caused by the latest update of the JRE/JDK in version 8.0.331. We plan to deliver a version 5.5.3 of the SDK soon to fix this error. In the meantime please downgrade your JRE/JDK.

Regards,
Thomas

I installed an older version and it worked.

Thanks!

Benjamin

The SDK 5.5.3 has been published, it fixes the build error. You can update your installation in Help > Check for Updates.

Regards