Error when building a platform with Front Panel module enabled

Hi,

I’m building a platform using the architecture 7.12.1 for GCC, and the core port is OK.

Now I want to enable the front panel module, but I get the following error:

BUILD FAILED
You can't select module 'Front Panel' because the UI pack 11.0.0 is installed on this architecture. Install UI pack 12.+ instead.

Seems there is a mismatch version with my UI Pack…
How can I go forward ?

Thanks for your help,

Lucas

Here is a screenshot of the platform build log for more details (sorry, I was no able to put it in the same post)

Hi Lucas,

To build a platform with Front Panel you need more recent UI pack version (12.x or newer).

In order to install another version of UI pack you have to:

• Go to Window > Preferences > MicroEJ > Architecture
  • Uninstall your 7.12.1 GCC architecture
  • Import your architecture again
  • Import the right UI pack (you can ask the support for the right UI pack).

Hope this helps,

Alexis

Thanks for your reply.

I also detected yesterday there is an other Front Panel module under the ‘UI’ category:

So I’m still a little bit confused.

I just want to upgrade my architecture, as I already have a port of the UI pack v11.0.0 on a similar device.
Is it possible to do that ?

Hello Lucas,

The Front Panel module has been moved from UI pack to MicroEJ Architecture. The new Front Panel module has been designed to be MicroUI-less compatible. A platform can use the Front Panel without using MicroUI API (to show a splash screen when the application boots, blink a LED without using MicroUI Led API, etc.).

• UI pack < 12.x contains the old Front Panel module
  • UI pack >= 12.x has an extension of Front Panel module for MicroUI
  • MicroEJ Architecture < 7.11 has not the Front Panel module
  • MicroEJ Architecture >= 7.12 has the new Front Panel module

The Front Panel module visible at the root of the tree is the new Front Panel module in the MicroEJ Architecture 7.12.1. The Front Panel module visible in the UI group is the old Front Panel module included in UI pack 11.0.0.

You can keep using the old Front Panel module (included in the UI pack). Install MicroEJ Architecture 7.12.1 and UI pack 11.0.0. Uncheck the new Front Panel module and check the UI Front Panel module.

If you check the new Front Panel module when the UI pack 11.0.0 is installed, an error is thrown: the UI pack 11.0.0 is not compatible with the new Front Panel module.

If you install the UI pack 12.x, you have to migrate your Front Panel project. Indeed, the new UI pack contains only an extension of the new Front Panel module for MicroUI. The FP file format and FP project format have also changed. New Front Panel module is explained here: https://docs.microej.com/en/latest/PlatformDeveloperGuide/frontpanel.html.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume

I disabled the top level Front Panel module and enabled the UI/Front Panel and now my platform builds without errors.
I will continue with the legacy Front Panel module using UI Pack 11.
I will have a look to migrate to the new Front Panel later.

Thanks for the clarifications.