Error running 'Build Module'

When I try to build my sandboxed application as module, I get the following error:

BUILD FAILED
Found an error when building REDACTED
* Where

File : C:\Program Files\MicroEJ\MicroEJ-Studio-19.02\rcp\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\9\data\repositories\microej-build-repository\com\is2t\easyant\plugins\microej-testsuite\3.3.2\microej-testsuite-3.3.2.ant
Line : 100 column : 80

* Problem Report:
Error : The following error occurred while executing this line:
Cause : Error : The following error occurred while executing this line:
Cause : Failed to resolve bufferedstreams-1.0.1.jar

I can put the buffered stream in my module.ivy as follows and it resolves fine:

<dependency org="ej.library.eclasspath" name="bufferedstreams" rev="1.0.1" />

And when I expand the Ivy container in the Package Explorer I see the buffered streams there. It’s also present in my cache.

If I remove the files within src/test/java, the build succeeds. The error only happens after loading th platform and trying to run the tests.

Please advise,

Steve

Hi @ssampson,

ej.library.eclasspath.bufferedstreams have been removed in between MicroEJ 4 repository and MicroEJ 5 repostiroy. Now bufferdstreams is contained into ej.library.eclasspath.collections.

  • Could you remove the bufferedstreams line
  • Clean ivy cache
  • resolve ivy for the project
  • check when you expand the Ivy container in the Package Explore that you don’t have it.

Regards,

Pierre

It must be being resolved transivitely from one of the other dependencies because even with it removed, it appears in the Ivy container in Package Explorer. If I set transivie=“false” bufferestreams no longer appears in the Ivy container but then neither do other things that I need.

I have traced it back to our AppFramework where the following dependencies are in the Ivy:

        <dependency org="ej.api" name="edc" rev="1.2.3" conf="provided"/>
		<dependency org="ej.api" name="kf" rev="1.4.4" conf="provided"/>
		<dependency org="ej.library.runtime" name="annotation" rev="1.0.0" />
		<dependency org="ej.library.eclasspath" name="properties" rev="1.0.1" />
		<dependency org="ej.library.wadapps" name="event" rev="1.0.0" />
		<dependency org="ej.library.test" name="junit" rev="1.4.2" conf="test->default"/>

Do you see anything that looks off?

ej.library.eclasspath.properties has been updated to 1.1.0 to remove the dependency with bufferdstream, could you try to update it ? (there is no other change).

Also for ej.library.test.junit, could you upgrade it to 1.5.0

Where can we get these dependencies? They are not included in the Offline Repository provided to us by Alga and the Offline Repo link on your website still links 4.1 I believe.

They are on the repository 5 (http://developer.microej.com/5/artifacts/). You can find the offline version here http://developer.microej.com/5/microej-5_0-2.1.0.zip

One of your libraries, ej.library.runtime, service, 1.1.0 (included by Wadapps 2.1.0) depends on the old version of properties (1.0.1)

<dependency org="ej.library.eclasspath" name="properties" rev="1.0.1" conf="default->default;provided->provided"/>

Is it ok for me to do the following so to eliminate this? Or are the apis in the buffered streams different and this could cause issues?

<dependency org="ej.api" name="edc" rev="1.2.3" conf="provided"/>
<dependency org="ej.api" name="kf" rev="1.4.4" conf="provided"/>
<dependency org="ej.api" name="fs" rev="2.0.6" conf="provided"/>
<dependency org="ej.library.eclasspath" name="properties" rev="1.1.0" conf="default->default;provided->provided"/>
<dependency org="ej.library.wadapps" name="wadapps" rev="2.1.0"/>
<dependency org="ej.library.wadapps" name="wadapps-common" rev="1.0.0"/>
<dependency org="ej.library.wadapps" name="wadapps-multisandbox" rev="1.1.0"/>
<dependency org="ej.library.runtime" name="storage" rev="1.0.0"/>
<dependency org="com.microej.library.util" name="kf-util" rev="2.4.0"/>
<dependency org="ej.library.test" name="junit" rev="1.5.0" conf="test->default"/>

Also, after resolving this issue with the above method, I now get the following issue:

* Problem Report:

Error : impossible to resolve dependencies:
	
Cause : resolve failed: download failed: ej.library.eclasspath#executor;1.1.0!executor.jar


* Recomendation ...

Run easyant with -verbose or -debug option to get more details.

Total time: 2 seconds

It looks like this is being pulled in by:

<dependency org="ej.library.wadapps" name="event" rev="1.0.0" />