A new version of the MicroEJ SDK is available through the getting started pages .
The new version (4.1.5) brings fixes and enhancements:
- MicroEJ Studio is based on Eclipse Oxygen release (4.7). This indirectly fixes the following issues:
** MicroEJ does not boot on macOS (since Java 8 Update 152)
** Closing MicroEJ SDK sometimes crashes
- Removed the following license checks on Production Platforms:
** MicroEJ Application launch on Simulator
** MicroEJ Sandboxed Application launch on Device
** MicroEJ Tool launch
- Globally improved the Add-on Processor execution speed.
- Added a dedicated console to log Add-on Processor activity.
- Removed useless file copies in Platform projects.
- Fixed the swap view, inverted title & color in the compare editor.
- Added an instance size column and a total size per type computation (only if the instance size is available in the .heap file).
- When clicking on an object instance, it is automatically expanded into the Instance Browser view.
- Added a retry mechanism in the testsuite engine. When a test fails, it can be executed again.
- Configured default connection to MicroEJ Central Repository using
- Added an explicit error message when a platform cannot be retrieved by the
- Added new Eclipse plugins for Embedded C developers:
C/C++ GCC cross Compiler Support&
C/C++ GDB Hardware Debugging.
- Mock-up projects are taken into account when launching an application on Simulator. This only apply when
MicroEJ > Settings > Resolve Foundation Library into workspaceoption is enabled, and require a platform built with architectures
- Do not allow to rebuild a platform while there is an active application launch.
- Fixed the Virtual Device build to remove code conflicts between Foundation Libraries and Runtime Libraries (especially duplicate immutables file definitions).
- Allow to import a generic pack (without architecture specific binaries)
- A popup message indicates the workspace has been created with an older version of the (Eclipse) product. This is normal since MicroEJ was previously based on Eclipse Mars release (4.5). Simply press OK and continue. Although core features have been tested for a while on Eclipse Oxygen, please report any issue or behavior differences that could be related to this migration.
- Legacy .binfolder in Platform project has been removed:
** All Platform projects must be deleted and rebuilt.
target.platform.dirproperty is configured in
Ant > Runtimepreferences, it must be updated to point to
The MicroEJ Team